[SDL] SDL_GetVideoInfo strangeness

Darrell Walisser walisser at mac.com
Sat Nov 29 16:16:01 PST 2003

I suppose the wm_available should be set to 1, but otherwise the flags
should be zero since there is no hardware surface support in Mac OS X
(besides OpenGL, of course).

An OpenGL backend for SDL would be difficult to manage (perhaps
impossible), since OpenGL doesn't allow direct (pointer) access to the
framebuffer. To test a pixel in the framebuffer, you have to copy it to
system memory first, which can be quite slow.

An OpenGL frontend is another story - this can work very well, and many
people have done it.