[SDL] Problem with ALSA only...

Stephen Anthony stephena at roadrunner.nf.net
Sat Nov 29 10:42:01 PST 2003

On Saturday 29 November 2003 01:13 pm, Eddahbi Karim wrote:
> Le sam 29/11/2003 à 14:28, Stephen Anthony a écrit :
> > I've seen this with the new development kernels.  I fact, I
> > reported it here some time ago.  Are you using a 2.6.x kernel?
> >
> > Steve
>
> Yep but I had the same problems with a 2.4.22-ac4.

OK, then I don't know what it is then.

The strange thing is that when using SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa, the problem
occurs.  But when using SDL_AUDIODRIVER=dma, the problem goes away.
But in this case it's using OSS emulation under ALSA.  I don't even
have the OSS sound drivers installed, so it's still using ALSA code at
some level.

Steve