[SDL] Compiling an SDL application in Windows ...

j_post j_post at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 29 08:07:01 PST 2003

On Saturday 29 November 2003 07:11 am, Stephen Anthony wrote:

> This is all so confusing.  Development under Linux is so much
> easier.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!...

Seriously, all my Windows apps are developed and compiled in Linux using
mingw32. Any reason why you don't want to take that route?

Partial example makefile:

CC= gcc
CFLAGS= -ggdb -Wall -Wno-switch -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused `sdl-config
--cflags` -DLINUX
LIBS=-lc -lm `sdl-config --libs`

WINCC=/usr/local/cross-tools/bin/i386-mingw32msvc-gcc
WINCFLAGS=-Wall -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -I/usr/local/cross-tools/include
`sdl-config --cflags` -DWIN32
WINLIBS=/usr/local/cross-tools/lib/SDL.dll

JP