[SDL] Tutorial about RGBA, RGB, transparency, depth

kandjidev at yahoo.fr kandjidev at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 27 11:33:01 PST 2003

Hi, it seems that I really don't have a clear understanding of theses topics.

Where (a web page) could I find a tutorial about :
RGB & RGBA formats
How transparency if handled in 16 & 24 bits modes ?
How surfaces are handled when in hardware video ?
What are the different pixel formats of several surfaces (the one of a fresh bmp
loaded bitmap, the one of the screen)...

I'm not talking about SDL API calls but a good introduction about 2D computer
graphics...

Thank you

If my answer is not clear, let me know I can reformulate..