[SDL] Loosing control of SDL window

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Wed Nov 26 09:09:00 PST 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 16.55, Sam Lantinga wrote:
[...]
> Ah, I see.  Since you can only get keyboard and mouse input from a
> window created by SDL, the event subsystem is only initialized when
> the video subsystem is.  However, we can certainly initialize the
> core event queue separately if it makes sense to do so...

That would make sense when using SDL as a s/w rendering backend
together with GUI toolkits, I guess. Then you could make fully
interactive SDL "applets" work inside foreign GUI frameworks as well
as in "native SDL mode", using the same code.

There is a problem with multiple SDL displays using this approach,
though: "Where did that event come from?" One might get away with a
"Context Change" event or something...