[SDL] rotate screen in WinCE?

Bradley Bell btb at icculus.org
Sat Nov 22 02:45:01 PST 2003

I guess I can do what I need via this method:
http://www.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl/2002-October/049526.html

But by reading this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceui40/html/cerefrotatingcontentofscreen.asp
I had assumed that the hardware could be simply put into a "rotated" mode, but I
guess that the Axim doesn't support this?  I wish I could find more info on this
somewhere.

Quoting Jeremy Johnstone <mcotis at yahoo.com>:

> Wow, that will be some feat to get D2X working!

It shouldn't be too hard, I think.  It uses SDL, and already runs on win32...
the controls will probably be the hardest part.

> PS I have some MacOS X code that I will try and get cleaned up, so I can be
> placed into the CVS for D2X.
> Basically some game menu resolution cleanup, and soundtrack support.
> I replacaed all the SDL_CDROM calls inside rbaudio.c with Applescript
> calling
> into iTunes.  Its a kludge, but works quite well - play,pause, and even
> volume.
> Right now it only picks a random track, instead of a track number, but its
> close enough :)

Sounds pretty good.  That and the itunes support will be good additions...

> The versiontracker MacOS X site for D2X has some positive feedback about the
> game too.

Neat.  Interesting that OS X is generating (proportionally) so much more
enthusiasm than the other d2x platforms.

-brad