[SDL] XCode project-templates?

John Philip phip at spymac.com
Tue Nov 18 21:04:02 PST 2003

Okay, after mucking around for a while, I have come up with Xcode-savvy
templates. I have updated the "SDL Application" and "SDL OpenGL
Application" templates to have native targets, compile and link under
10.3, and appear in the "New Project.." window.

I have not updated the "SDL Cocoa Application" and "SDL Custom Cocoa
Application" templates, as the former has problems opening MainMenu
from the nib file and the latter cannot find icon.bmp. The creators of
these will need to take a look.
I have not updated the SDL target template file. I do not fully
understand what data belongs in this file, or the format thereof. I
have contacted Apple requesting relevant documentation be created.
Perhaps its creator could also investigate.

Also, it appears that the new Xcode feature "Zero-Link", which
postpones linking until runtime, is not compatible with SDL and/or
SDL's Cocoa wrapper. A SDL project with Zero-Link enabled compiles
fine, attempts to launch, and fails with the message "ZeroLink: unknown
symbol '_SDL_Init'". There may be a workaround to use Zero-Link with
SDL, but for now I have disabled Zero-Link in the templates.

It appears that Apple no longer uses the path
"/Developer/ProjectBuilder Extras/Project Templates/" for storing
templates. To Install these, decompress the attached file, and place
the resulting "SDL" folder into  "/Library/Application
Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Project Templates"