[SDL] Entry point of the DLL

Patrick McFarland unknown at panax.com
Mon Nov 17 17:46:01 PST 2003

On 17-Nov-2003, David Bean wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 08:58, hassan boulmarouf wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I see that the SDL doesn't have it own Dllmain but
> > uses that found inside Visual Studio.
> > How this is done ?
> > I always though we should provide our own Dllmain.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
>
> I use linux. What is a DLLmain? Is it a windows thing or a cross
> platform library thing? If it's only a windows thing it has no place in
> SDL.

Its a windows thing, and it also belongs in SDL. SDL on windows uses an extra
library called SDLmain.a, which I believe is the DLLmain.

Due to the... odd nature of DLLs (ie, they are no way as flexable as ELF
SOs), its required for most if not all DLLs, especially if they require
the kind of stuff SDL does.

If you want a more complex answer than that, ask Sam, he gets this stuff. ;)

Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || unknown at panax.com