[SDL] windows interface elements in SDL?

Bob Pendleton bob at pendleton.com
Mon Nov 17 11:56:01 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 05:30, ehmdjii wrote:
> hello,
> i just started using SDL and created a first window where i can draw my
> pixels.
> now on the left side of my window, i want an area, where i can place
> various user interface elements, like buttons, sliders like in a common
> win32 app. is this possible? if so, how?

If you are asking about GUI toolkits for SDL, then search for them on
the libsdl.org website. There are many of them. This link will show you
a bunch of them.
http://www.libsdl.org/libraries.php?order=name&category=any&completed=0&os=any&match_name=GUI&perpage=50
You will need to evaluate them and pick the one most suitable for your
use.

On the other hand, you can just say that all pixels in the left 20
percent of the window are for the use you described and draw them any
way you want.

Hope that helps.

		Bob Pendleton

> thanks!

+ Bob Pendleton: writer and programmer. +
+ email: Bob at Pendleton.com              +
+ web:   www.GameProgrammer.com         +