[SDL] Custom WinMessage

Luke Palmer fibonaci at babylonia.flatirons.org
Sun Nov 30 18:07:24 PST 2003

Hello all,

I recently wrote an SDL front-end to xmame which uses the SDL_ttf library. Now
this thing compiles and runs fine on my computer, and I've also heard from
other users that it's working fine on theirs. One of the new users however
told me that on his RedHat system (I'm using SuSE 8.2 myself) the program
tells him it is incapable of rendering the text (an error message I put in in
case TTF_RenderText_Solid comes back with NULL). I don't know which version
he's using of SDL_ttf, but he's tried FreeType 2.4 and 2.5 sofar. Any
thoughts what might be causing this problem or how I might find out what is?

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff