[SDL] Patch for Xinerama/Fullscreen support

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Thu Nov 13 05:36:01 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:11:02PM +0000, David Bean wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 11:21, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I made a small patch to handle fullscreen support in Xinerama in a
> > better way, so that the application now starts on the first Xinerama
> > "screen" and not any longer above all Xinerama "screens". I found
> > Xinerama suppport already in SDL (1.2.5), but it was disabled as it
> > simply doesn't work correctly.
> >
> > Any discussion about my patch would be appreciated. Maybe it will be
> > applied (in an improved form) for future releases of SDL.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> Can it not be controlled on what Xinerana "screen" it is displayed on.
> Say the first by default, but the second at an option.

Should be possible. I simply didn't implement this. Will be a bit more
diffult, I suppose.

> Or is this a job for the window manager?

I don't think so.

> I've not really looked at Xinerana support in SDL, as I'm developing for
> single headed machines. I'm developing on a dual headed box, and it
> would be useful to force my output to the second screen, and debug in
> the first.

I'm not sure if this makes sense, as the application usually grabs
your mouse/keyboard anyway.

Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SuSE Linux AG
Tel: 0911-740530              Deutschherrnstr. 15-19
FAX: +49 911 741 77 55        D-90429 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany