[SDL] Embedding Mozilla in SDL on Linux

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Sun Nov 23 20:13:00 PST 2003

Gidday,

I notice that when I run a program compiled with glSDL on my nVidia
card, I get a line of output like this:
glSDL: Max texture size: 4096
, and when I run it on my 3DFX Voodoo3:
glSDL: Max texture size: 256
, as you might expect for a card that can only support 256x256 textures.

My question is; can glSDL can take advantage of this?  For example, if I
create a background surface on a 640x480 screen, this exceeds the
256x256 limit of the voodoo card, resulting in nothing being blitted.

I figure glSDL should provide a function to return the maximum texture
size so I can divide up my surfaces accordingly, or glSDL could do the
splitting transparently.

I realise that the former would break compatibility with generic SDL,
but might this case warrant an exception?

Greg