[SDL] Is SB Live buggy? Is there a workaround?

Thomas Hentschel Lund thomas at trylleskoven.dk
Fri Nov 7 00:44:01 PST 2003

A very tough question - especially for a list for SDL.

As a SB Live owner myself I have promised myself _NEVER_ ever to buy a
SB product. Drivers are sh*t, support is not existant, games crash with
blue screen until I remove the card and run off motherboard sound chip
instead.

Hard to tell what is wrong, but I know _lots_ of ppl with similar
problems running SB Live + a lot of complaints on the Internet. Even
SB's own forums are flowing over with accusations, and SB have
officially (on their forums) said they dont give a s... about SB Live as
its not their main product anymore. Thei comment "Buy an Audigy card"
says it all.

/me steps down from his box and shuts up

/Thomas