[SDL] Question about SDL_OVERLAY

Jason Clark jclark at ccpu.com
Thu Nov 6 12:35:01 PST 2003

wxWindows, Yaah!
(Sorry, I love throwing in plugs!)

-----Original Message-----
From: sdl-admin at libsdl.org [mailto:sdl-admin at libsdl.org]On Behalf Of
Sebastian Beschke
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 12:04 PM
To: sdl at libsdl.org
Subject: Re: [SDL] Question about SDL_OVERLAY

Hofmann, Sebastian wrote:

>Hello,
>my name ist Sebastian Hofmann.
>I came from Hannover in Germany.

Na dann mal Grüße aus Dollbergen, welches sich ungefähr 30 km von dir
entfernt befindet ^^

>Question 1:
>Is there a chance to make an Surface with SDL_SetVideoMode without create
an entry in the Taskbar?

I don't think so, since SDL only has few window management functions.
What you could try is creating a window using some other API and binding
SDL to that window (what was that hack again?).

>Question 2:
>How can I resize and or set a new position for a Surface whitch was created
by  SDL_SetVideoMode?

I think you mix up surfaces and the window here.
You can resize the window by calling SDL_SetVideoMode() again. AFAIK,
there is no way to move that window - except using a different API (see
above).

What are you trying to do? Probably you're better off with a different
library (FLTK, GTK or something).

Gruß
Sebastian (was'n Zufall ;)