[SDL] multisampling in Mac OS X?

Derek Arndt deekpyro at charter.net
Thu Nov 20 18:46:01 PST 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 02.41, Sharad Bajaj wrote:
> Hello,
>           I have one program running on linux made in X11,I want to
> run one SDL program on bottom of screen that is scroller,How can i
> put my sdl window on that existing screen,because whenever i run
> both program that SDL window is being hide,please help me,I am
> using Red hat 8.0 . Thanks in Advance.

If the X11 app is fullscreen, it will automatically become the topmost
window, so even "Always On Top" windows will end up under it.

If you run the X11 app in windowed mode, you could make the SDL window
"Always On Top". SDL doesn't support that, AFAIK, so you have to deal
directly with X11 for this.

Another solution might be to make sure the X11 app doesn't cover the
area of the screen where you want to put your SDL window. That way,
window Z order doesn't matter. You also avoid the performance issues
caused by overlapping windows with some drivers.