[SDL] SDL C++ wrapper

Bob Pendleton bob at pendleton.com
Wed Nov 5 11:17:01 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 12:09, Mikkel Gjøl wrote:
> Bob Pendleton wrote:
> > But, why should I try to make this point when Bjorn Stroustrup has made
> > it so very well http://www.artima.com/intv/goldilocks.html
>
>  From the faq:
> ( http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#pronounce )
>
> "My first name is Bjarne - not Bjorn (not a name),

What a weird thing for anyone to say. I have known several people named
"Bjorn", how can it not be a name? Even more odd that someone can
declare that something isn't a name. If "Moon Unit" and "Dweezil" are
names, the Bjorn can be a name.

> Bjørn (a related but
> different name), nor Barney (an unrelated name). My second name is
> Stroustrup - not Stroustroup, Stroustrop, Strustrup, Strustrop,
> Strustroup, Straustrup, nor Straustroup (documents using each of these
> misspellings can be found using google)."

Yeah, I made a typo when I copied his name of off the front of "The C++
Programming Language: Special Edition" that is sitting next to my
monitor. I'm sure that everyone is glad that you pointed it out.

Now, how about addressing the question?

		Bob Pendleton

> Regards,
> \\Mikkel Gjoel

+ Bob Pendleton: writer and programmer. +
+ email: Bob at Pendleton.com              +
+ web:   www.GameProgrammer.com         +