[SDL] SDL C++ wrapper

Tom Badran tb100 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:43:01 PST 2003

On Wednesday 05 Nov 2003 16:52, Julien Pauty wrote:
> What exactly do want to include in the warper ? If you want to add classes
> such as sprite, then it's not a wraper but a game kit. Is transforming the
> C structures used in SDL to C++ classes really useful ?

I dont see why it would be, i use SDL in a few C++ applications and there isnt
really any point. For instance i have a sort of media play back application
that essentially has a "Monitor" class that i can call a draw_image function
on, that takes care of all the SDL stuff. I also use SDL_Surface objects and
the like all over the place without worrying about them being classes (they
are structs so are pretty much the same thing anyway, they compile down to
the same thing).

Tom

--
 ^__^            | Tom Badran