[SDL] [announce] SDL_buffer-0.1.0

CRV§ADER//KY crusader at inwind.it
Sun Nov 16 13:05:01 PST 2003

CRV§ADER//KY proudly presents..............SDL_Buffer   :)

SDL_Buffer is a small helper library intended to be used with a image
viewer or analogous
applications, where images are loaded from files and then resized
several times.
Its main parts are the SDL_Buffer structure, containing both the
original and the zoomed
surface, and the SDL_BufferResize function, that changes the zoom of the
surface so that it
fits inside a given square (while mantaining aspect ratio).
Also features:
	- a SDL_IntelliResize structure to pass to SDL_BufferResize, to do an
"intelligent" resize
	  (i.e. don't resize if the zoomed surface would be between 95% and
102% of the original)
	  instead of a "dumb" one.
	- automatic screen centering
	- image is not resized if scale = 1
	- a SDL_BufferDisplay function, that blits a SDL_Buffer to screen and
(optionally) fills
	  the remaining space with a given color
	- a multi-thread facility to pre-buffer (load and resize) a image in
background

For API documentation, please refer to SDL_buffer.h

You can download it from http://www.crusaderky.altervista.org
Stay tuned for the incoming full application, SDLSee.

--
[] Guido Imperiale
[] CRV§ADER//KY

crusaderky at libero dot it
http://www.crusaderky.altervista.org

"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est" (Knowledge is Power)
      -- Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
         Meditationes Sacrae, de Haeresibus

"The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it."
	-- John Gilmore

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that
10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say: 'Daddy, where
were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
       -- Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation