[SDL] sdl_image: undefined reference to `__libc_stack_end at GLIBC_2.1'

CRV§ADER//KY crusader at inwind.it
Sat Nov 15 15:08:01 PST 2003

I'm building a linux from scratch system using my gentoo.
I can't build sdl_image:

./configure --prefix=$(LFS) --disable-static && make

gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -DLOAD_BMP -DLOAD_GIF
-DLOAD_JPG -DLOAD_LBM -DLOAD_PCX -DLOAD_PNG -DLOAD_PNM -DLOAD_TGA
-DLOAD_XPM -o .libs/showimage showimage.o .libs/libSDL_image.so -ljpeg
-lpng -lz -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib
-lSDL -lpthread -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/crusader/data/prg/icansee/root/lib
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `__libc_stack_end at GLIBC_2.1'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [showimage] Error 1

What's the issue? All my libraries are OK since if I do "emerge
sdl-image" all works fine, so I suppose it's just a config problem.
(using emerge the ./configure command is hidden. And I prefer not to use
my system binary).

--
[] Guido Imperiale
[] CRV§ADER//KY

crusaderky at libero dot it
http://www.crusaderky.altervista.org

"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est" (Knowledge is Power)
      -- Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
         Meditationes Sacrae, de Haeresibus

"The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it."
	-- John Gilmore

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that
10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say: 'Daddy, where
were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
       -- Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation