[SDL] Problem with threads and new in C++

Joby Bednar thebigcheese at jobybednar.com
Thu Jan 30 10:54:03 PST 2003

If you overload the constructor for Mask to allow for Mask() and Mask(w,h), do you still have the problem?

Rather than Juju having Mask as a member, you might want to try having Juju inherite Mask.  The relationship of Juju and Mask might get a little sketchy with juju creating m with no constructor being used and juju's constructor creating another Mask object and assigning it to m.  Perhaps the different results you've seen in the corruption is the order of object creation and such that could also relate to threading.  You might want to try adjusting this relationship so either a 0 argument constructor exists for Mask, or have Juju inherite Mask as an object.

- Joby
http://jobybednar.com
Give someone a program - frustrate them for a day.
Teach them how to program - frustrate them for a lifetime.