[SDL] future windowing support

Daniel Phillips phillips at arcor.de
Sat Jan 25 12:23:00 PST 2003

On Saturday 25 January 2003 16:51, Calvin Spealman wrote:
> Although, I now think of something interesting: perhaps this is a bad
> function to begin with. What if the window is an invalid size? The
> fullscreen would be pointless. Also, its wasteful to resize a window and
> then make it fullscreen to get the size you want. Very likely,
> SDL_WM_ToggleFullScreen() should stay hidden forever.

I don't use SDL_WM_ToggleFullScreen exactly for the reasons you mentioned.
SDL_SetVideoMode is a better interface than SDL_WM_ToggleFullScreen, it just
needs cleaning up.  SDL_WM_ToggleFullScreen should just be a shell around
SDL_SetVideoMode.  There's no sense having two internal pathways for doing
the same thing, they will just develop two different sets of bugs.

> Secondly, the issue of multiple windows...

Ah yes, and windows not created by SDL.

Regards,

Daniel