[SDL] [DEMO] Minimal world engine, updated

Daniel Phillips phillips at arcor.de
Fri Jan 24 12:05:02 PST 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 18:37, Shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 10:42, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> >   http://wwwold.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/open/n2794/n2794.pdf
> >   (section 6.5.2.5, "Compound Literals", starting on page 65)
> >
> > All the rest of the points are minor as you mentioned, and I already
> > fixed most of them in order to compile the code as c++.  However, I
> > rather like my compound literals, and they are standard, so perhaps the
> > thing to do is to compile with gcc instead of vcc.  Do you have gcc
> > running there?
>
> MSVC6 doesn't support C99 AFAIK, but I believe MSVC7 (.NET) does. FYI.

Thanks.  I think I'll drop the other shoe and specify C99 as the minimum
compiler standard for this, not only so I can have compound literals, but
mid-block declarations as well.  (There, done.)

For any Debian people, this is all you need to do to change default compiler:

   ln -sf /usr/bin/gcc-3.2 /usr/bin/gcc

Or you can just change "cc" in the Makefile to "gcc-3.2".

Regards,

Daniel