[SDL] feasibility of a bootable linux cdrom with a game in SDL

Glenn Maynard g_sdl at zewt.org
Thu Jan 23 19:36:01 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 07:04:23PM -0800, Sam Lantinga wrote:
> Note that the GPL only requires you to make the changes available to
> whoever has your software.  For example, you could require that the
> customers present a CD key and ship them the sources to the modified
> image if they request it.

I don't think such a limited written offer would satisfy the 3b option
in the GPL.  If anyone's thinking about doing this, at least ask the
FSF for their opinion first.

(I'm not looking to start a legal debate on this list; just making sure
people aren't taking legal advice from it. :)

--
Glenn Maynard