[SDL] Re: Using Directx with SDL

Pallav Nawani pallav at sasken.com
Thu Jan 23 02:47:01 PST 2003

Hi,

I tried locking the HW surfaces before access, but that dosen't
help. Program still crashes. I was using SDL_BlitSurface anyway,
so I guess locking was not the problem. I am actually trying to
get sdlmappy (on the sdl libraries page)to use directx.

I must admit I am a little confused as to how to get directx
acceleration? I searched through the archives and google, but
found nothing helpful (apart from a discussion of loosing
hardware surfaces on directx).

Any pointers to faqs etc would be appreciated (I've already been
through the faq's on libsdl.org)

--

regards,
Pallav.

Howe's Law:
	Everyone has a scheme that will not work.
|Pallav Nawani                    				|
|Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd.				|
|Domlur, Bangalore.						|