[SDL] Help with SDL inside QT

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Tue Jan 21 21:32:01 PST 2003

> > Nope, I can't think of any simple way to do that.
> > You might be able to convince Qt to use an existing SDL window as a
> > toplevel widget... ?

> I think I can call create(wid, false, true) in a QWidget constructor to make
> it use an existing window id.  How do I get the window id from SDL though?

Use the SDL_syswm.h interface.  There's some code in the FAQ which shows
how to get the SDL window id and move the X11 window around.  Theoretically
you could use the same interface to get the Windows window HANDLE and do
the same thing there...

> Of course this would likely all end up being really platform specific as well
> which is something I want to ignore so perhaps its just best to figure out a
> good SDL GUI library to use and dump Qt.  But thought I'd see how far I can
> get with mixing SDL and Qt!

I've heard good things about ParaGUI, available from the libraries page.

See ya,