[SDL] Accelerated Blitting under X11?

Pallav Nawani pallav at sasken.com
Thu Jan 16 05:07:01 PST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] Rafa³ Bursig wrote:

> Dnia 2003.01.16 10:59 Clemens Kirchgatterer napisa³(a):
> 	Indirect CPU to Screen color expansion
> 	Screen to Screen color expansion
> 	Solid Horizontal and Vertical Lines
> (==) TSENG(0): Silken mouse enabled
>
> How use it with SDL ?
> How use it with SDL as normal user ?
>
> Rafal

1. You can't use DGA as a normal user.
2. If you can't use OpenGL, then you need to install libraries
like svgalib/GGI (allegro?/clanlib?) and recompile SDL with
support for these libraries enabled. Then using svgalib etc as a
driver, you can get a better performance.
(Note: I haven't tried it, but it's supposed to work that way
;-))

Btw, I looked at your sdl client for freeciv. It looks really
good. I wanted to learn how you did it. It there any
documentation?

--

regards,
Pallav.

In case of fire, stand in the hall and shout "Fire!"
		-- The Kidner Report
|Pallav Nawani                    				|
|Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd.				|
|Domlur, Bangalore.						|