[SDL] Accelerated Blitting under X11?

Sandra sandra.jhonson at softhome.net
Thu Jan 16 02:25:01 PST 2003

I have not used GL at all. I want to know that how would it compare with SDL
for
    - individual pixel value assignment on 1024x1024 surface at high update
rate.
    - 2D colorkey blitting of  1024x1024 surfaces
No 3D stuff in this application.

I have a hunch that the GL pipeline is optimized for the 3D architecture and
individual pixel writes on such a large scale would slow things down. Am I
right or is this otherwise?

- sandra