[SDL] Accelerated Blitting under X11 for GeForce 3?

Pallav Nawani pallav at sasken.com
Thu Jan 16 01:55:01 PST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> Pallav Nawani <pallav at sasken.com> wrote:

> > 2. Use SDL with openGL. That way if you have installed nvidia
> > driver, your code will run very fast. But you will now have to
> > use openGL stuff, and usual SDL Blitting functions should be
> > avoided.
> i thought, the whole point of using glSDL is to map sdl blittings to gl
> transparently. so one could get gl hardware support without gl knoledge.
> please correct me, if i'm wrong.

I haven't seen How glSDL works, but I guess that is the way it
should be. You can use OpenGL with SDL without using glSDL.
Using SDL for mouse/keyboard/sound etc, and OpenGL for graphics.
In that case, OpenGL will pretty much take over the video
subsystem (At least that's what the SDL docs say).

regards,
Pallav.

In case of fire, stand in the hall and shout "Fire!"
		-- The Kidner Report
|Pallav Nawani                    				|
|Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd.				|
|Domlur, Bangalore.						|