[SDL] wxWindows

Gib Bogle bogle at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jan 24 15:52:01 PST 2003

Hi,

Temporary Solution (May work - Or I guess you've already tried
this):

Login as root, set an enviornment variable
SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dga.
Run program

More permanent solutions:

1. SDL can use other libraries such as SVGALIB, GGI etc as
drivers, so you can install these libraries and then recompile
SDL with the support enabled. See SDL website www.libsdl.org for
detailed info on this. There is an SDL tutorial - I think it
gives some information on this.

2. Use SDL with openGL. That way if you have installed nvidia
driver, your code will run very fast. But you will now have to
use openGL stuff, and usual SDL Blitting functions should be
avoided.

Games like FAKK2 use openGL.

hth,
Pallav

--

regards,
Pallav.

In case of fire, stand in the hall and shout "Fire!"
		-- The Kidner Report
|Pallav Nawani                    				|
|Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd.				|
|Domlur, Bangalore.						|