[SDL] Window/surface dimensions mismatch problem

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Wed Jan 15 02:02:01 PST 2003

> I suspect that there is *another* window somehow involved, and that the
> window being returned to SDL by XCreateWindow is (bizarrely) being clipped to
> display within that mysterious other window.  This is just a theory, and
> actually, it mainly shows how little I know about X at this point.

Actually, it sounds like KDE is creating a window on top of the SDL window,
and GTk knows to look for children... at least that's my impression, I haven't
actually seen this behavior.

It looks like you'll have to dig into the source. :)

For the record, SDL really is supposed to return a surface the size requested.
The code in the Windows driver is just to handle the bizzare case where the
video mode is exactly the size of the screen and Windows needs to have a title
bar.

See ya,