[SDL] Window/surface dimensions mismatch problem

Bob Pendleton bob at pendleton.com
Tue Jan 14 12:26:00 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 13:37, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 07:40:12AM -0600, Bob Pendleton wrote:
> > Could you explain how you know the displayed size is wrong?
>
> Err, first message in this thread:
>
> >Now for the long version:  Sometimes a window manager has its own ideas about
> >what size a window should be.  Actually, this is nice for users, as they
> >generally do not like it when an application window re-appears in a different
> >place than they last placed it, or at a different size than they last set it
> >to.  In KDE, the ability to teach this behaviour to applications that don't
> >understand such niceties is provided through the "store settings" option in
> >the window menu.  When this option is set, instead of creating the
> >application's window at the size specified by the application, KDE's window
> >manager creates the window at a size and location it stored previously.

Well, yeah, all window managers do that. Like I said, I wasn't following
the thread and only responded because I was specifically asked to
respond. The experience is rather like day dreaming in math class and
then being asked to solve the problem on the board. :-)

Anyway, is the KDE window manager sending the application a resize
event? If it is, what's the problem?

	Bob Pendleton

> --
> Glenn Maynard