[SDL] Resize image in SDL_Surface

Riccardo t1t0 at tiscali.it
Thu Jan 23 09:20:13 PST 2003

On Monday 13 January 2003 05:23, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 05:13:53AM +0100, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > I'm looking through X11_CreateWindow in SDL_x11video.c and I do not see
> > where (XWindowAttributes)a.width and .height are accessed to set the
> > surface dimensions to the actual window dimensions.  I think I don't see
> > it because it's not there, which would explain the behaviour I get.
> >
> > Are you using X?
>
> Nope.  The behavior I described happens in Windows.
>
> Do the docs say anything about this?  If they don't say anything at all,
> then it's just implementation differences, and Sam might want to
> document which is correct so it can be made more consistent.  If he'll
> confirm that the behavior I described what's intended in these
> circumstances, then he might accept a patch to handle that in X.

I don't see how anything other than the requirement to confirm the actual
dimensions could be considered correct.  I suspect this slipped through the
cracks because surface resizing is a relatively recent feature.  The docs
don't have anything to say about it, probably for the same reason.

Regards,

Daniel