[SDL] Window/surface dimensions mismatch problem

Daniel Phillips phillips at arcor.de
Sun Jan 12 20:12:01 PST 2003

On Monday 13 January 2003 04:50, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 04:45:56AM +0100, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > I'm glad to here it's supposed to work that way.  Unfortunately, it
> > doesn't.
>
> That's how the code I'm using is written, and that's how it seems to
> work.  Don't take my word for it.  :)  (But it seems to make sense; in
> the case of window sizes, many environments probably can't easily tell
> you how big a window will be without actually creating one.)

I'm looking through X11_CreateWindow in SDL_x11video.c and I do not see
where (XWindowAttributes)a.width and .height are accessed to set the surface
dimensions to the actual window dimensions.  I think I don't see it because
it's not there, which would explain the behaviour I get.

Are you using X?

Regards,

Daniel