[SDL] gentoo sdl bug?

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at efn.org
Sun Jan 5 21:37:00 PST 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 05:40:14PM -0800, Chris Thielen wrote:
> I don't run Gentoo myself but I was wondering if anybody out there has
> had any problems with SDL on Gentoo. I have some simple crossfade code
> that runs great on Win32 and all Linux distributions, except, I've had
> two reports from Gentoo users that it locks up there. Both their
> backtraces show:
>
> #0 0x0823fb20 in ?? ()
> #1 0x40071669 in SDL_UpperBlit () from /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
> #2 0x08051b07 in blit_surface ()
>
> where blit_surface() is a wrapper for SDL_BlitSurface(). It essentially
> calls SDL_BlitSurface() after some math. Anybody know what might be
> wrong? Does Gentoo modify SDL at all?

libsdl-1.2.5.ebuild is using unmodified SDL.  KEYWORDS="~x86 alpha ~ppc"
so you're probably not getting that currently.  The current stable SDL for
x86 seems to be a CVS snapshot, which may have been modified.

(insert subliminal message for Sam to make sdl-cvs list so people like
Knghtbrd can follow the SDL commits as they happen..  Sam has the scripts
necessary to do it, but Joseph can resend these if necessary.)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at efn.org>                Do not write in this space

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world,
I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with
all those flies and death and stuff."
        -- Mariah Carey