[SDL] Re: SDL digest, Vol 1 #644 - 27 msgs

piark piark at free.fr
Thu Jan 16 23:58:01 PST 2003

At 2003-01-03 16:30, you wrote:
>A quick tour of the source suggest SDL doesn't have an API for this yet.
>Technically, it's not hard, but getting it totally generic and convenient is
>hard.  My recommendation to the orignal poster:  just get the SDL source,
>hack it in the way that works for you in your configuration, then post your
>hack for discussion.

Thanks for the suggestion. The question about why I didn't write to the
backbuffer and flip was indeed answered correctly by the other poster: I
don't want to spend the same time again drawing the complete screen in the
backbuffer. It's also a bit pragmatic as the current code I have uses
direct frontbuffer writes and it would be a lot of work to get them out.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough yet with Linux and X to hack (and
compile) the source code, but I'll definately have a look as time permits.