[SDL] DGA and SMPEG

Robert Diel robert at littlebitlost.com
Thu Jan 16 21:12:01 PST 2003

> > We currently have some stripped-down keyboard handler.
> > Is there any other way to handle the keyboard than
> > having a handler for every video driver?
> >
> > The "fbcon" keyboard-handler contains most of the functionality
> > we want, but I think cut'n'pasting code isn't a good idea for
> > future maintenance. Is there a generic input handling interface?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Thomas
>
> It sounds like you're asking an interesting question, but it's not clear
what
> the question is.  Are you asking if there's a generic way to write
> a plugin for an SDL app?  Is this supposed to be Linux-only?

No, I'm not writing an SDL app. It's a new video output driver for SDL
itself.
You are right, it's linux only because there is no free
windows driver for dxr3 based cards.

The problem I've seen is that every video driver has it's own
way to handle the keyboard. I thought there must be a better solution
than cut'n'pasting it from another driver, like a generic keyboard interface
layer.

> And yes, it appears the main developers aren't hanging on the list at the
> moment.

What would be the best way to contact them? Directly via email?

Thomas