[SDL] SDL-1.2.5 + Windows system clock

feral_coder feral_coder at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 2 14:39:01 PST 2003

I recently upgraded to using SDL-1.2.5 on Windows, from 1.2.3. I noticed what seems like a weird bug though (I couldn't find anything in the archives for this group on it). The system clock seems to slow down when my app is run in a window. Since the app is using the timer for animation, the whole thing runs in slow-motion. If I watch the system clock accessory, I can actually see it running slower if I watch another clock alongside it. Anyone seen this happen before? I'm running Win2K, fully patched. If I switch back to the 1.2.3 dll, the PC runs normal time while the app is running.