[SDL] Crackling sound problem

P. M. polymorphic_messiah at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:56:01 PST 2003

Im playing a very small wav sample precisely every 300ms using SDL's timer
and mixer. The sample plays fine however after aprox 10 minutes of continous
playing, i begin to notice a crackling sound.  Ive run the same sample on
other OSS capable players ie XMMS and the sample plays fine thus im assuming
its no OSS driver problem. Furthermore, Ive also verified that my program
isnt just running out of CPU. Could anyone please provide me with some
insight as to what may be causing this problem.

Cheers