[SDL] undefined reference to `operator new[](unsigned)' ???

Sweeney, Steven (FNB) SweeneS at fnb.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 00:02:02 PST 2003

Hi,

I've just had a user write to me saying that they cannot compile my app with
SDL 1.2.4-5 (which they installed via an RPM) for Redhat 8.0

Just trying to eliminate possibilities here... could it be they should
install an earlier version of SDL?

Has anyone else had this problem?

gcc `/usr/bin/sdl-config --cflags --libs` -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image ai.o
aliens.o audio.o bullets.o cargo.o collectable.o comms.o events.o
explosions.o game.o globals.o graphics.o init.o intermission.o loadSave.o
messages.o misc.o missions.o player.o resources.o script.o shop.o
Starfighter.o title.o unpack.o weapons.o -o starfighter
aliens.o: In function `addAlien()':
aliens.o(.text+0x258): undefined reference to `operator new[](unsigned)'

(many more follow)

Cheers,
Steve