[SDL] Joystick Names

Matt Monson madprog at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 21:15:01 PST 2003

when i get the names of the joystick(s) attached to my system, i always get
something like "Microsoft PC-joystick driver"... is there a way to get
something a little more...descriptive or colorful or something, like
Microsoft Sidewinder GamePad or Gavis Xterminator Dual Control (the ones is
have, and those are the names that show up in 'Gaming Options')

i have tried my app on both win Xp and win 98se, same thing both places...
any ideas??

m@