[SDL] SDL_net 1.2.4 on FreeBSD

Neurosynch at aol.com Neurosynch at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 10:06:01 PST 2003

I am having problems getting SDL_net 1.2.4 working on FreeBSD 4.6-Stable and 4.7-Stable aswell

~$ uname -a
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0:

It compiles fine & so do the SDL_net examples. But when ran i am getting memory leaks in the programs, the data sent/received contain garbage apparently from other areas in memory as they contained words found in unrelated programs.

When compiled in 4.7 i got broken pipes.  Other people i've had compile SDL_net and the examples on their FreeBSD boxes have gotten similiar results.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this problem or has anyone gotten it to work properly under these FreeBSD versions? Thanks?