[SDL] SDL_mixer on Mac os 9.1

Jesse David Andrews jdandr2 at uky.edu
Fri Jan 3 15:19:01 PST 2003

Hello,
I am the project leader of TuxTyping and I am trying to port TuxTyping and other SDL applications to Mac Os Classic.  I am not a mac expert, but I have gotten SDL, SDL_image, SDL_ttf installed for use with MPW.

But unfortunately I cannot figure out how to get SDL_mixer to work (lib & include are installed).

I get the following when I try to do a build within MPW:

# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TuneSetVolume"
# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TuneStop"
# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TuneUnroll"
# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TuneGetStatus"
# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TuneSetTimeScale"
# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TuneSetHeader"
# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TunePreroll"
# Error:  File "SDL_mixer.o"
#         Reference to unresolved symbol ".TuneQueue"
#
#  Unresolved external references:
#    .TuneSetVolume
#    .TuneStop
#    .TuneUnroll
#    .TuneGetStatus
#    .TuneSetTimeScale
#    .TuneSetHeader
#    .TunePreroll
#    .TuneQueue

I grabbed: SDL_mixer-devel-1.2.4-PPC.sea.bin

It doesn't mention any prereqs for mac os classic (or the library's page at libsdl.org)

It seems to have something to do with Quicktime.  I uninstalled Quicktime 6, and installed Quicktime 5, but still I have the problem.

I am creating a document about using SDL within MPW, and will add this information to the document!

Thanks,
Jesse Andrews
Tux4Kids