[SDL] SDL_zipfile 0.1.0

Ben Stover bstover at ossm.edu
Thu Jan 2 18:54:00 PST 2003

This is just a small zipfile library I put together that uses libz and SDL.  This library can load directories in a zipfile (recursively or non-recursively) into memory, and if the filetype is known (determined by extension), it will automatically convert it into a ready-to-use format.  For instance, if a zipfile contained bitmaps, it would load them and then you could just use the data returned to blit it straight to a surface.  Currently the drivers implemented are text, bitmaps, and sound.  I tried to do music, but SDL_mixer does not have the RWops implemented for the music formats yet, so the code is disabled by default.  There's also a zip2h file utility that converts what's in a zipfile to a header file so you can use predefined macros to access data.

I'm sure there's plenty of small projects that do something similar, but I found nothing and wanted something similar to the Allegro datafile lib.  Feedback is appreciated, as is bugs or feature requests.

http://sdlzipfile.sourceforge.net/

~Benjamin Stover