[SDL] Bugs in Qtopia/Zaurus version of the SDL?

blachner at gmx.de blachner at gmx.de
Fri Sep 27 03:50:01 PDT 2002

>> 2) If the num lock key is pressed _before_ a sdl application start, the
num
>> lock flag isn't set when a sdl key event is received by the application.
>> But the code is a number key. It seems, that the Qtopia SDL don't check
the
>> state of the num lock key on startup. The same maybe with the caps lock
key
>> but I didn't check this yet.

>This is how Qtopia handles events. Nothing I can do about it, and it
>does no harm either.
Yes I see the problem in the SDL sources. O.K. for a emulator thats not very
good, but for the C64 emulator its not a big problem.

>> 3) If I make a fork in a SDL application an start another Qtopia
>> application in this fork _after_ SDL is initilized, the system freezes.
If
>> I do this _before_ the SDL is initialized, it works (Qtopia and SDL
program
>> start).

>Perhaps this is due to the fact that SDL + audio uses threads, and
>that threads + fork doesn't work very well together at all. Just a
>guess though.

>> If I try to quit the Qtopia program which I started in the fork via a
>> socket message sent from the SDL program the system freezes too. Maybe
the
>> current Qtopia SDL version absolutly don't want to loose the focus and
than
>> blocks the keyboard?

>You are doing weird things. SDL doesn't grab the keyboard (because it
>didn't work), and SDL doesn't mind being hidden (but games might not
>care about the active events indicating that this happens).
Not so weird. :-) It was also not me idea. But on Linux / PC this works
fine. But the screen is there big enough to display both programs simultaneously.

>> 4) No bug at all, but a working SDL_WM_IconifyWindow would be nice. O.K.
it
>> maybe not very important for games but there are other SDL programs too,
>> which maybe need a function like this. The games frome eon, for example,
>> iconify when the middle button is pressed. Someone knows how this is
done?

> I could swear I added this but perhaps I forgot. It's not hard to do
> from Qtopia. Apps, SDL or native Qtopia, has to be aware if they are
> in the background however.
I can't find it in the CVS of the SDL. If I have time, I try again to
implement this function in the SDL. Unfortunally I have at the moment not much
time. What do you mean with "Apps, SDL or native Qtopia, has to be aware if they
are in the background however"?

blachner at gmx.de

Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de