[SDL] 2D rendering poll, status + addition

David Olofson david.olofson at reologica.se
Thu Sep 26 10:02:01 PDT 2002

On Thursday 26 September 2002 16:32, DrEvil wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 05:08, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > For most linux users, anything under 640x480 isnt acceptable because
> > most XFree drivers dont support anything under that. Abuse for SDL
> > pixel doubles everything to stretch because of this (instead of
> > displaying at a native res)
>
> Actually, almost any XFree driver in my experience will support 320x240
> with the proper modeline in your XF86Config.

In fact, I haven't had any problems running 256x200 and other weird
resolutions. (Well, no problems apart form the pixels being about the
same size as the characters in my X console... :-)

.- Coming soon from VaporWare Inc...------------------------.
| The Return of Audiality! Real, working software. Really!  |
| Real time and off-line synthesis, scripting, MIDI, LGPL...|