[SDL] DirectX 7?

Patrick McFarland unknown at panax.com
Thu Sep 26 05:30:59 PDT 2002

SDL 1.x might not be maintained. Or, in kernel terms, it will be taken out of
stable, and put into maintaince. Which means, to get any of the newer stuff,
you have to use SDL 2. This especially makes sense if you have a game where
everything can be turned off, and ran on an ancient pentium, but everything
turned on needs some 300mhz 686. Loosing backwards compat isnt exactly bad, but
loosing a large chunk of target platforms is.