[SDL] 2D rendering poll, status + addition

David Olofson david.olofson at reologica.se
Thu Sep 26 04:10:02 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 19:35, Jimmy wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 13:23, David Olofson wrote:
> > And of course, for all these personal hobby projects, it's probably
> > better to pick a tool that delivers useful results with reasonable
> > development effort, and just focus on the *game*. Spending months
> > optimizing a software engine that's shot down by the CPU/VRAM
> > bottleneck anyway just doesn't seem very sensible, IMHO.
>
> Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to be at the ass end of an 8 month
> project to get a full engine running that's completely software driven.
> *sigh*

Well, keep in mind that this is all about fullscreen scrolling action
games, really. I'm not saying that software rendering is a bad idea for
games with more sane rendering requirements.

> Not that this email is particularly on-topic.  I just wanted to share
> my angst, and everyone sitting around me here at work is ignoring me.
> Bastards.  :)

*hehe*

Maybe they're just totally sure that the design decision was right, so
they don't get what you're talking about?

.- Coming soon from VaporWare Inc...------------------------.
| The Return of Audiality! Real, working software. Really!  |
| Real time and off-line synthesis, scripting, MIDI, LGPL...|