[SDL] DirectX 7?

Matthijs Hollemans matthijs at allyoursoftware.com
Thu Sep 26 03:42:01 PDT 2002

[DirectX 8 not suitable for SDL 2.0]

So what's the big deal? If you want to write a (2D) game that runs
on low-end and older machines, use the SDL 1.x branch. No one is
forcing you to use SDL 2.x. (Unless, of course, having 2.x means
that the 1.x branch is no longer maintained with bug fixes and
such.)

Now, I know next to nothing about SDL 2.0, but I was under the
impression that it was going to be a total rewrite. A kick-ass game
toolkit that takes advantage of the latest and greatest features
available. If that is truly the case, then obviously it should use
DirectX 8. But I am not Sam, so I may be mistaken about this.
--
Matthijs Hollemans
All Your Software