[SDL] 2D rendering poll, status + addition

Patrick McFarland unknown at panax.com
Thu Sep 26 03:18:01 PDT 2002

For most linux users, anything under 640x480 isnt acceptable because most
XFree drivers dont support anything under that. Abuse for SDL pixel doubles
everything to stretch because of this (instead of displaying at a native res)

320x240 was accptable once. If you are trying to get that 386 Retro feel,
you want that. (Of course, you do have to stretch to 640x480) It is possible,
however, to write the game for a 320x240 res, and then pixel double all the
sprites and graphics and such, and then get (basically) subpixel accurate
graphics due to the fact your actually displaying on 640x480. (Im not sure,
but I heard Abuse for SDL does that)

Now, of course, if this was a 3D game we were talking about, res doesnt matter.