[SDL] XWindow Background Color

Latimerius pvl at uh.cz
Thu Sep 12 01:11:01 PDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 09:32:18AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Whew!  I hope that answered your question!  If not, let me know ;)

Yes, that was pretty comprehensive. :-)

While on topic of exploiting specific X11 behavior through SDL, I'd like
to ask another question, though.

Some X11 programs exploit the technique of drawing to background pixmap
of their main window.  One of the advantages this approach is the X
server doing screen refresh for you even when your program is stopped
under debugger.  I found this extremely useful during debugging many,
many times.  Is there a way to force SDL to do this?

Thanks.

	latimerius